Dog Toys Collection
Customizable Dog Toys
Dog toys can be viewed as little more than frivolous purchases, especially by those who may not yet have much—if any—experience in taking care of pets. Contrary to that simplistic belief, though, dog toys are not just playthings that only fulfill a single function. Other than being a source of entertainment for pets, playing with toys can be beneficial to them physically, mentally, and emotionally. They can also be used as corrective tools by pet parents who are in the process of training their fur babies. When used properly, these toys can help promote good behaviors while discouraging destructive ones.
That being said, the average first-time pet parent may not yet appreciate the importance of buying dog toys for their furry friends, especially at the beginning of their pet parenting experience. But with the right guidance and education, you can make them see the light. Learn more about why customizable dog toys should be the next addition to your existing product line and how you can market them to your customers more effectively by reading on below.
What Are Dog Toys?
Some may argue that any objects that pups play with can be considered dog toys. However, most experts would define them as playthings that have been specifically designed for pets. Like most pet products available on the market, there are many different types of dog toys. They also come in various shapes and sizes to suit different purposes. Various dog toys have also been designed to accommodate certain characteristics such as dog sizes, levels of activity, chewing patterns, and preferred playstyles.
Why Do Customers Love Purchasing Dog Toys for Their Pets?
They Can Stimulate Pets’ Minds and Bodies
All pets require a decent amount of exercise to stay healthy, as it not only keeps them limber and flexible but also builds up their endurance. Physical activities can also prevent dogs from becoming obese and lower their chances of developing chronic illnesses, effectively prolonging their lives.
Additionally, exercising is a great way for pets to rid themselves of boredom and excess energy. Left unaddressed, such pent-up energy can lead to attention-seeking or destructive behaviors such as digging, excessive barking, or inappropriate chewing. Some dog toys, such as PrideBites’ frisbee rope toys or tennis ball toys, can be used to play enjoyable interactive games with pets. Examples of these include fetch or tug-of-war.
In addition to encouraging exercise, some types of dog toys can also stimulate pets’ minds, keeping them sharp and enhancing their intelligence as a result. Food puzzle toys are a great way to challenge pets’ intellects while also slowing down the rate at which they feed. This can be useful for dogs that tend to eat too quickly and are prone to bloating, indigestion, or vomiting. Like dog toys that encourage physical activity, puzzle-type dog toys can also relieve boredom and prevent pets from manifesting problematic behaviors.
They Can Relieve the Painful Symptoms of Teething
Some dog toys were created to address specific needs. For example, all puppies go through a stage called “teething,” which is when they start to grow their baby teeth. The process leaves pets with sore, hurting gums and jaws, which can cause them to start chewing on things to find some relief.
Chew toys such as the ones offered by PrideBites can help keep your customers’ shoes, furniture, and clothes safe while easing the discomfort that their little ones are feeling. Our very own Dog Toy of the Year award-winner, the original PrideBite™, will make for a fantastic promotional item or a new product for your business.
They Can Help Pets Relax
Chewing comes naturally to all dogs, even the ones who are already past the teething stage. Without an appropriate outlet, they will indiscriminately gnaw on anything that they can get their paws on. Fortunately, durable dog toys or bone-type toys can help even the most difficult dogs relax and become accustomed to more focused chewing habits. Pups that are handed one of these products will simply lie down with them, curl up, and chew to their hearts’ content.
Dog toys can also be used as comfort items that can help pets acclimate to a new environment, especially when traveling. Almost any toy can be used for this purpose, as long as it is familiar to said pets and carries the scent of home.
They Can Keep Pets Busy
Sometimes, pet parents simply may not have the time to play with their dogs. Owners may be attending to more important things or are simply too busy to give their fur babies the necessary attention. During these instances, it could be useful to have dog toys on hand that can sufficiently distract their pets without further intervention from their owners. Chew toys, food puzzle toys, and food delivery toys can all serve this purpose.
They Can Be Used to Train Pets
Dog parents who wish to enter their pets for agility competitions will need specific types of toys and accessories to train their fur babies properly. These products can help pet owners and their pooches develop a bond and build rapport, all while challenging these pets’ minds and bodies.
What Types of Dog Toys Do Customers Look For?
These dog toys require the participation of both pets and owners. Examples of interactive toys include:
- Retrieval Toys or Fetch Toys. Dogs enjoy chasing projectiles around and bringing them back to their owners. Playing with fetch toys can be an excellent workout for overactive dogs without being too strenuous on pet parents. PrideBites’ very own frisbee rope toys and tennis ball toys make for excellent additions to any pet’s toy collection.
- Tug Toys. Frisbee rope toys and tennis ball toys can be used as tug toys for enjoyable games of tug-of-war. When played properly, such games can reinforce the bond between pet parents and their pooches while providing both physical and mental stimulation. It’s also a great way to teach dogs about self-control. PrideBites offers both types of tug toys and can even customize them according to your business’s needs.
This kind of dog toy can provide pups with much-needed emotional support in situations where they might feel skittish or overwhelmed. Examples of these include:
- Soft Stuffed Toys. Plush dog toys are good for lightly tossing around. Most dogs will opt to carry their comfort toys around as though they’re little companions, though customers may also find their four-legged friends giving them a vigorous shake every once in a while. PrideBites’ customizable dog toys are durable enough to withstand a bit of roughhousing. They also emit a squeak that delights pups both young and old. They can even be customized to look like your company’s logo, mascot, or any other design that may be a hit with pet parents.
- Calming Toys. Often made of pet-safe rubber materials, these toys are often multifunctional. For example, pet owners can fill these pet toys with treats to turn them into puzzle toys, keeping their pets focused. These toys can also be tossed around to make them bounce, distracting their dogs from whatever is causing them to feel anxious. Some of these toys even have dog-friendly aromatherapy oils applied to them to amplify the calming effect.
These products can keep pets occupied while their owners are busy or away from home for short periods. There are many different kinds available, including:
- Chew Toys. Specially built to withstand hours and hours of gnawing, these toys can also help alleviate the pains of teething while giving pets something to do. The most important thing for customers to remember when choosing chew toys is to consider their pets’ chewing power. Powerful chewers will need chew toys that can withstand heavy wear and tear.
- Food Puzzle Toys. There are many different kinds of food puzzle toys available on the market. Generally speaking, they all incorporate food or treats in some way to make pets work to get to them. Not only can toys like these keep dogs occupied for hours, but they can also keep pets from eating their food too quickly.
Another thing to keep in mind is that dogs can quickly get bored of their toys. Because of this, most dog trainers advise pet parents to purchase between six to eight toys for their pets. Each of these toys should also be distinct from one another. With that being said, this is all the more reason for your company to create a wider range of dog toys for pet parents to consider. It’s also a good idea to advise your customers to rotate their dogs’ toys every few days to keep things from becoming monotonous.
How Should Your Customers Clean and Care for Their Dogs’ Toys?
When it comes to the care and cleaning of their dogs’ toys, the best advice that you can give to your customers is to follow the included instructions in every product’s packaging. For example, the PrideBites original PrideBite™ is made of machine-washable materials, which means it’s safe to toss it into the washing machine with the rest of your laundry. Other toys, such as certain soft toys, may be handwash only, as washing machines may be too rough on them. Additionally, chew toys and food puzzle toys made with rubber or plastic can simply be washed with mild soap and rinsed in water after every use.
If you’re a retailer or other type of business that is interested in selling your very own customized pet products, PrideBites can help make your ideas into a reality. In addition to customizable dog toys, PrideBites can also supply your company with other custom pet products at wholesale prices. To find out more, don’t hesitate to contact us using the information provided on this page.